Throughout ancient India, teachers have been respected a lot. Some of the teachers have produced some great students. According to me a teacher
- Builds self awareness, unleashes inner potential and gives contents of things when it is right
- Should have Right intent compared to right content
- Has the ability to create "creators" and "destroyers"
But our education system has not been built upon this lineage to build great institutes.
During one of the training programs i was introduced to the concept of LOTS (least order thinking skills) and HOTS. The concepts of the study were interesting. It is during the discussion, i realized that baring very few institutes most Indian institutes lack HOTS
|Image credit :|
- Dismantling the a problems into parts - Analysis
- Build a new output from different types in inputs - Synthesis
- Check different ideas & solutions and then compare - Evaluate
Check more about the blooms taxonomy here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloom%27s_taxonomy ?
Do you agree about the role of teacher?
Do you agree that our education system lacks HOTS?